Christies Beach Baptist Church is built on the traditional lands of the Kaurna people. It started as a small community church in 1945, when it purchased an ex-army tin Nissan hut.
From that small beginning it steadily grew and a new building was built. On the 6th March 2011 the congregation worshipped there for the very first time and on the 1st May that year, the new church building was officially opened.
Throughout the history of the church, the local community has been at its heart. Help for the unemployed, community meals, craft events and the local market were all run by the church for the community.
Here is a document about life at CBBC in the 1950s-70s. History of CBBC by Lorna Castle.